The 4th Bridge Children’s Triathlon will take place on the 18th June 2017.
We are pleased to announce that the 2017 Children’s Triathlon will be part of the South East and London league.
This means that it will be one of the biggest children’s Triathlons in the UK. All age groups will now have male and female waves.
Start list as of 12/01/2017. It will next be updated on the 1st Feb
We will be updating the web site over the next few weeks with more detailed swim, bike and run maps.
All the age details have been updated any problems let us know.
Every year we learn a bit more and we try and improve our events. The 2016 race went well but we can improve it so we will be making a few small changes to make it an even better event.
The link below will take you to a full set of results for 2016.
New swim course for this year’s children’s race. No lap’s just one loop for each race. 50m, 150m, 200, 300, this will make the swim easier for the children.
We can only start the children’s race when the last competitor has started there last lap of the run in the adult race. This will now be at 10.30 am. We need to have reopened the road by 1pm so all waves will need to start on time.
As we are restricted for space registration will only open at 9.15am for the children’s race.
You will be able to rack your bike 1 hour before you are due to start.
This will give us time to clear part of the Transition area after the adult race to make room for the junior race.
We hope to have the Transition area clear of all adult bikes by 10.30am
Care must be taken when entering the site early as the adult race will still be taking place.
All children must be at the briefing area 15 minutes before their wave is due to start. We will be announcing any updates on the PA as the day goes on.
So please listen to any updates.
Start times will be sent out the week before the race date by e-mail. They will also be posted on the web site.
We will be fencing off all areas this year for safety reasons. We will also be moving the Transition area down to the trees to give us more room. The Finish will also be moved 20m again to give us more room (see site plan)
We made all these changes due to the extra spectators who came to watch the race in 2014
If you have any questions please feel free to ask before the day of the race.
- Estimated start time for each age group for 2016. Due to the race being bigger in 2017 the time will change slightly. This will be confirmed on 13th June
- Tri-Start age 8 10.30am
- Tri-Star 1 – 9/10 10.50am
- Tri-Star 2 – 11/12 11.15am
- Tri-Star 3 – 13/14 11.45am
- Youth will be starting just after the adult race and they will racing on the full Triathlon course. This race will start at about 8 to 8.15am
- Please note this will be a wet suit swim for the children’s race. We also ask that you must have swum open water before the day of the race.
- Tri-Start age 8 Swim: 50m, Bike: 1.5k, 1 lap -Run: 600m -1 lap
- Tri-Star 1 – 9/10 Swim: 150m, Bike: 3k 2 laps – Run -1k -2 laps
- Tri-Star 2 – 11/12 Swim: 200m, Bike: 6k 4 laps Run: 1.5k – 3 laps
- Tri-Star 3 – 13/14 Swim: 300m, Bike: 7.5k 5 laps Run: 2k – 4 laps
- Youth 15/16 Swim: 400m , Bike: 13k – Run: 3.3k and this will be the Super Sprint Triathlon course. This will be on the full road course.
If you have any questions about The Bridge Triathlon, please get in touch email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Swimming is forbidden in the lakes on The Bridge at any time other than for events or during authorised Open Water Swim training sessions. Any person found swimming in the lakes on The Bridge is committing an act of Trespass, will be asked to leave and will be barred from site and disqualified from all future events at The Bridge.